Keep track of memories sparked by your holiday decorations and mementos. Jaz, a blind occupational therapist from Insight4blind, shows you how to use WayTags to make it easier to decorate for the holidays and put away your decorations independently.
Label photos, ornaments, and family keepsakes with accessible WayTags. While you’re at it, use WayTags to keep track of your merriest holiday memories that mean the most to you and your family. Watch the video below, or scroll down to read the transcript.
– Hi there, Jaz here, you’re blind OT from the Insight4blind channel on YouTube. It’s the holiday season, so there’s no better time to talk about preserving your precious moments that mean the most to you and your family. So, today I’m going to show you a method for bringing all of your memories together for safekeeping and easy access. So, your history doesn’t become a mystery as time goes on. Let’s get started.
– The holiday season is a time for reminiscing with family and friends, and everyone has special mementos, especially during this time of year, but it can become difficult to keep track of photographs and family treasures that collect over time. Let’s start with keepsake ornaments. We all have them, in fact, my family adds a new ornament to the tree every year to signify something important that happened that year. But as time goes on and the collection builds, it becomes more difficult for me to keep track of everything, so I like to use the WayTags in order to stay organized.
– Now, this is really helpful to me as someone who’s blind, but it’s priceless to me because I don’t have to worry about forgetting something important. We are a big Disney family, so this ornament is a Mickey-shaped ornament, but it’s in the shape of a football cause it was a very memorable year.
– [VoiceOver] Ready, ready to scan.
– So, I’m going to scan the tag on the back.
– [VoiceOver] The New Orleans Saints won their first Super Bowl, when they beat the Colts in the 2009 season for Super Bowl 44.
– It was a great year – go Saints! Of course, it can be a little challenging to find an ornament that is boxed up if you have vision loss, but if you put a WayTag on the inner flap of the box with a description of the ornament and you put another WayTag on the ornament itself, like I have here on the bottom of this little Mickey Minnie car, it makes it a lot less stressful and a lot more efficient to match them up when it’s time to put them away. Now, if you can’t do this for all of your ornaments, at least try to do it for the ones that mean the most to you, and that will make decorating and un-decorating your tree a lot less stressful and a lot more special for reminiscing. You may have photo ornaments on your tree to help you remember special people or places. A discreetly placed WayTag, can ensure that your special memento will always stay fresh in your mind and heart. Remember, you can customize your WayTags to put as many details as you’d like, like dates or narratives, or even the story behind the photograph, you can even put links to videos.
– [Jaz] Here’s one of my favorites.
– [VoiceOver] Ready button, ready to, ready to scan. WayTag successfully read: Daisy first Christmas, November 26th, 2021, Daisy is ready for Christmas this Instagram video link, list end. Instagram reels button.
– [Jaz] As you can see, you can do so much more than just identify ornaments. You can do the same thing with your photos and frames, just put a WayTag on the back of the frame. So, you can preserve that special moment in time. You can even tell your story by making your old photo albums come alive, taking the time to create special WayTags for each of your photographs and mementos with your loved one, can make your holiday truly magical, you’ll be glad you did.
– [VoiceOver] Read button, ready to scan KK first visit with Santa.
– The tags are perfect for all types of keepsakes. For example, I have a WayTag button that I’ve sewn in to this little Christmas outfit that I do plan to pass on eventually. And I have a statue of The Holy Family that was given to me by my parents, that’s very special. These are priceless pieces that are unique to my family and their stories will live on in these WayTags.
No worries because all of the data on your WayTags is stored both in your phone and in the cloud. So, as you update your technology over time, you don’t need to worry about losing any of your important information. So now, you know, your WayAround to preserve your special memories with any degree of vision, because as you can see, it’s not just for people with vision loss, WayTags provide you with a means to not only document the information you want to remember like dates and occasions, but it also allows you to link to videos across your social media platform. So, you can tell your entire story.
When it comes to organizing information, no product can compare to the flexibility or accessibility of WayAround. To place an order for WayTag go to WayAround.com, subscribe to the WayAround channel on YouTube for endless ideas on how to tag everything in your world. And subscribe to the Insight4blind channel on YouTube to learn the tips, tools, and techniques for living your best life with low vision or no vision. I’m here to help you learn your WayAround with vision loss. So no worries, you got this, see you next time.
Subscribe today for more WayAround tips and tricks!
Want to get tips, tricks, and news from WayAround delivered directly to your inbox? Subscribe today to get the latest! We will never spam you, and you can unsubscribe at any time.