Buttons

Return to WayTags
  • Use this thread to discuss uses for WayTag oval hole buttons and two hole buttons.

; July 2, 2018 at 9:13 am
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Medicine Cabinet.

Place a WayTag button in the bottom of all pill bottles. Label the WayAround Description field with the medicine name, pill shape and size. The shape and size lets you confirm you have the correct medicine every time you take the medicine. Add additional details as desired and swipe through them only when needed.

Read the WayTag by scanning the bottom of the bottle. The WayTag can be read through the pill container. If using a WayLink, set the WayLink on the countertop, then set the pill bottle on the WayLink to hear the name, shape and size of the medicine. Swipe through the details for more information.

When getting a new supply of pills, simply move the WayTag button to the new pill bottle.

; July 2, 2018 at 2:29 pm

Oh this is just too awesome, was just wondering about this.

; January 8, 2019 at 4:19 pm

Let us know how it works for you! We love hearing from our customers.

; January 8, 2019 at 6:09 pm

I hope I’m in the right thread. I just read that the oval hole buttons are what can be used in the freezer. Great! I need to order some of those. What type of elastic besides a rubber band holds up well in the freezer and refrigerator? I love this thing. I wish I had ordered these tags sooner.

; January 10, 2023 at 10:14 am

Hi Lynn, I’m so glad you’re loving the WayTags! I’d recommend using a silicone band. They are stretchy just like rubber bands, but the food-grade silicone won’t snap in the cold. Silicone bands come in lots of different diameters. You can search online, or visit our blog post to find some direct links to where you can purchase silicone bands. https://www.wayaround.com/five-clever-ways-to-attach-waytags-to-your-things/

; January 10, 2023 at 1:15 pm

I apologize if this question has been asked before. But I see there are two different kinds of buttons, the round button and the oval button. Are both of those freezer safe? I am so glad I thought of using this product to help me organize my life. This is such a brilliant idea.

; January 31, 2023 at 7:20 am

Yes, they’re both freezer-safe! The main difference is how you attach them. For the freezer, I recommend the oval hole button with a silicone band.

; January 31, 2023 at 11:27 am

I have the oval hole buttons. I have actually two kind of silicone bands. I have the smaller ones which are about the standard diameter of a rubber band, and then I got some bigger ones that are wider. Now, I might do some crafting, but I have no idea how to get those silicone bands through the hole of the button. I know that according to your email, the pipe cleaners are useful for the two hole, buttons. And even then, I’m not sure how you would attach the buttons with the pipe cleaner to the object in the freezer. I’m not very bright in this department. So if I could get some direction on how to get those silicone bands through that little tiny hole, and how to attach the pipe cleaner through, I guess both holes and then how to attach it to the different products in the freezer, I can be on my way labeling again. Thanks.

; March 24, 2023 at 4:37 pm

I don’t know if my other post went through and I apologize if this is a repeat performance. I have a two whole oval button. Success story to share. Try saying that one fast. Oh, I didn’t know what to do with all of the two whole oval buttons that I had. Because I wasn’t going to sell them in to close. Enter a 2 x 3“ flash card, pre-punched, rubber bands, and rubber cement. I took the two whole oval buttons, I took the little flash card. I looped a rubber band through the pre-punch hole in the corner, then I took rubber cement and put a little on the card. Then I placed the button on the card and allowed it to dry. Then I recorded , my way tags. Can I let’s say batch scan way tags for the same product without recording each time? Or is that only accomplished with the way length. That’s my next purchase. I’m hooked on these things. I could sell these things.

; September 6, 2023 at 10:15 am
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.